Friday, August 10

Ranunculus Love Affair

The Byrd Collective

byrdcollective_red_green_flowers
This week’s dose of floral inspiration comes to you from The Byrd Collective. Today it’s all about one of my all time favorite flowers in the world. Although it may sound strange, I fell in love with the Ranunculus about 15 years ago. Mr.P brought home a bouquet of flowers for our 10th Anniversary and hidden in amongst the foliage there I found to my delight these lovely flowers called ranunculus.
byrdcollective_red_green_flowers3
 I had of course seen them before, working in the floral trade how could I not? Even though, my heart skipped a funny little beat when I saw these beauties in my own arrangement. The delicious layers of petals that make up this stunning bloom is unrivaled by any other flower.
 byrdcollective_red_green_flowers5 
  It is so delicate and refined almost regal somehow. The ranunculus, simply put, is a rare gem in the floral world. 
 byrdcollective_red_green_flowers4
 I try to showcase her in arrangements when I can, usually standing tall above the rest of the flowers. This gorgeous floral arrangement combines hydrangeas, lilacs, Juliet garden roses, Queen Anne’s lace, anemones, bush ivy and of course the ranunculus.
byrdcollective_red_green_flowers2
I do believe she steals the show, peaking out above all the rest. A real show-stopper. Get inspired and design your own floral arrangement using the ranunculus........
 
.......you'll be glad ya did!

ENJOY!

GET CREATIVE!!
the domestic curator ~ ronda


No comments:

Post a Comment